Return to Class of 1983

11/30/1979Kimberly Ogden
Services for Kimberly Sue Ogden, 14, of Knoxville, who died Nov. 30, 1979, were held Dec. 3 at Williams Funeral Home.

Dr. Leonard E. Deaver and the Rev. William
Travis officiated at the services with interment in Graceland Cemetery. Pallbearers were Billy Camden, Michael Dabb, Steven Dabb, Rodney Lewin, Larry Wilkins, and Mike Wilkins. Joan Arnott was the organist and Dr. Gordon M. Arnott was the vocalist.

Kimberly was born March 25, 1965, the daughter of Stephen and Patricia Ann Cooper Ogden.

She was a ninth-grade student in the Knoxville Public Schools.

Survivors include her mother, Patricia Selvy; her father, Stephen Ogden, her step-father, Lowell Selvy
and her step-mother, Bette Ogden, all of Knoxville; half-brother, Charles Ogden, and half-sister, Teresa Ogden, of Des Moines and Christine Harlow of Knoxville; step-brothers, Michael, Steven, and Susan Dabb of Knoxville and Jimmy Dabb of Romeo, Mich.; grandmother, Mrs. Fern Ogden of Knoxville, and Ronald and Betty Cooper, also of Knoxville.

A Knoxville girl died Friday night, an apparent victim of carbon monoxide
fumes and three other youths were rescued after Knoxville police found their car
alongside the county road south of the Marion County shop building near Marion County

Kim Ogden, 14, of Colonial Terrace, Knoxville, was pronounced dead shortly after she was taken to
Collins Memorial Hospital.

She is the daughter of Stephen Ogden, Rt. 1, Attica, and Patricia Selvy, Colonial Terrace. A hospital spokesman said medical staff worked for a half hour attempting to revive her after the ambulance
brought her to the hospital.

Rescued was Kathy Frost, 15, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Frost, 509 E. Douglas St., Knoxville, reported in good condition at Collins; Jack R. Smith, 16, and Dan Camarillo, 20, both of Des Moines, were transferred to Des Moines in stable condition Saturday.

County Deputy Merle Schlotterback said the police officers found the car at 11 p.m. on the county road when they were on routine patrol between the Veterans Administration Hospital and the ALCO store.

He said the car had the switch on and was out of gas. The deputy said one of the
youths told officers they stopped there at about 8:30 p.m.

Schlotterback said the police notified the sheriff’s department and called for the Knoxville Rescue Unit and Capital City Ambulance, all of which dispatched emergency vehicles to the scene.