Return to Class of 1944

Frank Hall04/25/2011
Retired Col. Frank T. Hall, 84, of Madison, died Monday, April 25, 2011, at Hanover Health and Rehabilitation Center.

He was born Feb. 25, 1927, in Columbia, Iowa, the son of Curtis Ancil and Lulu Mae Tallman Hall.

He was raised in Columbia, Iowa, and was a 1944 graduate of Knoxville High School.

He was and Army veteran of World War II, serving two hitches.
He received a bachelor of science degree in occupational therapy from the University of Iowa in 1958 and a master's degree from Indiana University in 1961 in guidance and counseling. He then served in the Army Reserves and rose to the rank of major. He was the director of occupational therapy at the 5010th US Army Hospital in Louisville, Ky,. and retired as a colonel after 41 years of service.

He had lived in Madison since 1966 and retired after 25 years of service at the Madison State Hospital as the director of the locational therapy program. He had worked previously in Pennsylvania and at the Muscatatuck State Developmental Center in Butlerville.

He was a member of Kent United Methodist Church and had served on various committees and as a lay leader at the church. He had served as a volunteer at the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library.

He was a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association, the Indiana Blacksmith Association and the Jefferson County Historical Society. He donated blood to the American Red Cross for many years.

He is survived by his wife, Anna Louise Horn Hall, whom he married June 6, 1970; three daughters, Linda Hubbard of Adel, Iowa, Virginia Weber of Madison and Christine Hall of Des Moines, Iowa; two sisters, Edith I. Stutsman of Tucson, Ariz., and Edna Mae Van Cleve of Dallas, Texas; a special niece and caregiver, Harriet Wood of Milton, Ky.; three grandchildren; and several other nieces, nephews and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his father, who died in 1961; and his mother, who died in 1992.

The funeral was at the Morgan & Nay Funeral Centre. Burial was in the Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery. Military honors were conducted at the cemetery chapel by Jefferson Post 9 of the American Legion and the Fort Knox Ceremonial Unit.